Friday, January 11, 2008

Iaisha's 1st Blog (1/11/08) - A student's perspective

Being in the upper math class so far is giving me a chance to be with students who share the same qualities of learning as me. The first day back we worked on finding what it means to be in a collaborative learning community. So far I think we are beginning to get what it means. I feel that once we fully understand collaborative learning community we will get even farther in math. Yesterday we worked on Excel and Power Point...I helped Saul with his work, and as I helped him I realized that I am contributing to the collaborative learning community. I helped Saul clarify his work! I felt as if that was a step ahead of building a relationship with another student. I look forward to seeing where this upper math class leads to. Also, to experience a complete collaborative learning community. I have faith in the "Power of 17."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Iaisha,

I think it's fantastic that you are grasping the power of collaborative learning communities and were able to 'help Saul clarify his work'. How did that experience benefit you also? I'm sure your positive thinking is contagious with others in the classroom, and I look forward to hearing more from the "student's perspective."